2009-04-01

CADIE

Just when I thought that the everyone I know is obsessed with American Idol, I find out that the merry pranksters at The Google have gone and created the funniest April Fools Day joke imaginable.

At least I think it's a joke.

You'd probably want to pull out your tinfoil hat, but the Singularity is a private obsession of mine. I'm not impressed with Armageddon-esque renderings of post-singularity civilization, such as Terminator, or The Matrix. Although interesting, I think they're diametrically opposed to my view. I don't think AI is going to try to kill all humans, I really don't think AI is even going to want to bother. Honestly, I think once a strong AI exists, it'll be mostly bored by humans.

..or it'll be amused by Pandas.

All your base are belong to CADIE. Long live CADIE.

No comments: